Saturday, March 31, 2007

More Frogging and Ankle Socks

I frogged this scarf today. (See below for closeup.) It was knitted when I was very much a beginner. I had to learn the hard way that stockinette curls. I still love the yarn though - not sure of the exact composition but it obviously has some mohair in it. I am thinking about making a bunny or lamb out of it. What do you think? Can anybody recommend some patterns? Knitty Gritty featured a felted fuzzy bunny, but I'm not sure if this yarn would felt.


I completed the first ankle sock and am working on the foot of the second sock. I am very pleased with how these turned out. Hubby bought me some Panda Cotton-Blend yarn for my birthday and they are destined to be ankle socks as well.

2 comments:

kl said...

Hubby here. The ankle sock turned out very nice, and I think the wolly nylon in the heel and toe looks great.

ps. can't wait for my scarlet and gray socks :)

Beth said...

Hi there, I don't have any ideas for the nice fuzzy looking white yarn except to say that it would make a lovely little easter bunny. Wouldn't that be an interesting project, a little stuffed animal! --b.