Friday, March 23, 2007

Socks, socks, socks

L - this is the pair of socks I am making for you. They are turning out perfectly. I can really see the quality go up with every pair I make! See the diamond pattern in the closeup?It is kind of argyle-inspired.



Very beautiful merino wool - so soft! I am taking a little break from this heavy sock for now, in favor of some spring ankle socks...

I am in love with this yarn - the color, how it photographs, the weight, how it feels. I did my first short row heel, using the backwards yarn-over technique. It has been reinforced with Woolly Nylon. It's the first time I've reinforced the heel - really makes the fabric more sturdy! (The pattern for the heel wasn't exactly clear towards the end, so I kind of fudged it a little. It looks good, so I must have guessed right. Just hoping I can remember how I did it for the next sock...)

There's also a picture of the bag I'm keeping this project in - I confess to buying the rice because I knew what I'd use the bag for!

SIL and MIL - this is the yarn you got me from Christmas. Thank you sooo much.

The funny thing is I have about 5 more skeins of this, so friends/family, let me know if you want a pair of ankle socks in this color! :-) Maybe I'll actually make, *gasp*, something besides socks with it.