Friday, March 2, 2007

For SIL, just so you know I haven't forgotten the beautiful coral 100% wool you got me for Christmas. Here is what I plan on making with some of it: http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTfetching.html
I'll have to learn how to make cables for the pattern, so I guess I've been kind of saving it for when I am craving a good knitting challenge.


Purchases for today from Jo Ann Fabrics:
- Woolly Nylon.
Now that I'm knitting with 100% wool, it will be nice to be able to reinforce it. Woolly Nylon was recommended by the socknitters yahoo group. I was hoping to find it in transparent, but ended up buying some colors that I see myself frequently knitting with. I figure the black will work with most dark colors. Oh, and it was all on sale for 1/2 price!
- Paton's 100% Merino Wool in Harvest and Regency.
The yarn was also on sale for 2 for $8. This will probably be enough for 4 pairs of socks. I just couldn't make the leap to buy the $18/skein yarn I've been drooling over on the internet. Maybe for my birthday.
- Susan Bates Size 4 DPNs.
I needed a pair of size 4s to cast on for another sock project (not pictured yet). I really want to buy a pair of hardwood needles, but they're $20/set and, again, couldn't make the leap yet. Someday... I figured for the $4 bucks this pair cost, they will work for a while.


Progress on second sock for SIL. The pattern (see closeup) is called blackberry stitch. I got it from Knitting Stitches by Mary Webb.

P.S. You'll notice the quality of pictures in this post is much better. That's because I remembered to upload the photoshopped pics, not the raw downloaded pics. Duh!