Friday, March 2, 2007

Wow. I just spent about all evening trying to figure out how to read a knitting chart. I am trying to get into harder patterns. The Fisherman's Rib pattern I was deciphering wasn't really that complicated, but it took me forever to figure out that you are only supposed to repeat stitches that are not shaded, and stitches that are shaded are performed once. (Of course, my husband found the part in the introduction that explained this to me...smart a**). Then, I was looking on the internet for Fisherman's Rib, and that wasn't helping because it seems there are many different variations of the pattern.

So, now I have figured out the pattern. BUT, I don't think I like how the colors are coming together. I might just do a simple k3, p1 or k1, p1 rib so to avoid the messy look of the colors mixing.

Not sure if I can bring myself to rip it tonight though. At least I learned how to read a chart for next time.